Beef Consomme and Rice
- Large skillet
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cans beef consomme
- 1 green bell pepper
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in butter.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned; drain grease if needed.
- In a small or medium pot, cook rice according to directions on package; add to skillet with meat.
- Add beef consommé.
- Slice bell pepper (remove seeds) and place on top.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until liquid is almost gone (30-45 minutes).